helping our customers make the best cable assemblies in the world
FEATURED TECHNICAL ARTICLE LIBRARY
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurements
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it
- Fiber optic cable specifications: With so many specs, which ones should you qualify to?
- Optical cable measurements: Why don’t OTDR and jacket length markings agree?
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure?
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers?
- Test cables don’t last forever: How to assess quality, condition, usage limit, and replacement schedule
- APC Polishing Advice to Improve Apex Offset and Angle Measurements
- Using Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) to polish MT ferrules and get repeatable, predictable results
- Patch cord gain: Shedding light on this perplexing issue
- Trade show best practices, improved processes and a little pixie dust.
- Looking at our industry from a systems perspective: The future of cable is inextricably tied to connectivity.
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017
- Press Release: International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) Elects Ben Waite to Board of Directors
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstrations and presentations at OFC 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Marcel Buijs joins EMEA Technical Business Development Team
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces BiOS and Photonics West 2017 Line Up
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of Michael Thorpe to Manager of Customer Service Department
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the US Conec IBC™ Brand Ferrule Cleaner MTP-16™ and IBC™ Brand Ferrule Cleaner PRIZM® MT / MXC to their new product portfolio
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Issues on MT polishing. I am getting “Y” radius less than 100
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: In need of information on cleaning and repairing TOSA/ROSA devices
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does FOC have any experience or recommendations in using microwaves to cure fiber optic epoxies?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the probable causes of light leakage from ferrule barrel? Is it while insertion of fiber into ferrule or while stripping fiber with Fujikura stripper?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Solutions for getting LC/PC for return loss more than 60 dB?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: IL effect of Return Loss Clarification
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Looking for a replacement of isopropyl alcohol as a fiber optic cleaning fluid
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Cleaning the entire surface of an MT ferrule most effectively
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the absolute strongest adhesive?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Pre-angled 24-fiber single mode MPO connectors and producing good geometry
From The Industry News
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing
- From the Industry: Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc.
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents
- From the Industry: OFC Announces 2017 Technical Program
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces CERTiFi Cloud-Based Workflow Tailored for Enterprise Test and Certification
- From the Industry: AFL Launches Rogue® and aeRos® Modular Test Platform
- From the Industry: Optical Communications & Networking Technologies Anchor OFC 2017 Conference Program
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Adds Two Fiber Optic Design and Engineering Courses
FOC Published Media
For more information, visit FOC Our Home page here
FOC Corporate Citizen News
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces sponsorship of Love of the Game in partnership with UMass DifferenceMaker Program
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces sponsorship of Grumpy’s Cranberry Harvest 5K Trail Run/Walk
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces continued support of The Buttonwood Park Zoological Society
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center announces Neal Weiss honored by NBAM/ArtWorks! Patron of the Arts
- Fiber Optic Center Article: Fiber Optic Center was proud to support the TE Connectivity team, in their quest to fight cancer, in this year’s Alpe d’HuZes event
- Fiber Optic Center Random Acts of Kindness: DeMello/Cushman School PTO Support
Top Resource Topics:
- MT Ferrule Geometry Specifications: Minus-Side Coplanarity in IEC 61755-3-31:2015
- Why do fiber optic connectors fail? Cross-sectioning offers a view inside connectors – and insight into why they fail
- How to Develop a Fiber Optic Polishing Process that Produces Consistent Results
- What is the Ideal Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector?
- Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
- Crystallization in Epoxies: Steps for You to Spot it – and Fix It.
- Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
- Which passive component tester to purchase? Start by answering 7 basic questions to get correctly configured fiber optic test equipment
FOC’s Partnership with Technical Horsepower Consulting
Consulting and Training Topics:
- Cablers: Advice to efficiently reconfigure fiber optic process lines for add-on products – without resulting in suboptimized products
- Cablers: Are you looking to work with specialty cables or furcation tubes? If so, here are key points to consider.
- Advice for raw material suppliers planning to sell to the optical cable industry: 4 points to consider – and pitfalls to avoid
- Advice for Cable Manufacturers Looking to Enter the US Fiber Optic Market
- Buying used vs. new equipment: challenges in optical cable manufacture and new extrusion line business
- So You Want To Start a Cable Company or Add a Cable Making Division?